QR Codes are making a comeback
In the past 2 years, QR codes have made a come back due to:
- Ability of iPhones and Android phone to scan codes with the standard camera vs. separate app
- Increased demand for no touch solutions during COVID-19
The number of advertisers using QR codes increased 160% in Q2 2020 vs. year ago while the number of impressions increased 62% (Media Post). Some areas of increased usage include signs at public places, restaurants, and retail as well as usage in TV commercials as a way to get people online faster and track ad performance without using a complicated custom url for every spot.
From a consumer perspective, MobileIron completed a survey of +2,000 consumers and found:
- 54% have seen increase in QR codes since COVID
- Top places they’ve seen QR codes are restaurants, retailers, banks, doctor’s office, and packaging
- 67% feel that QR codes make life easier
- 58% would like to see them used more
- People are less comfortable using QR codes for payments or voting, but can see doing it in the future
If you haven’t started using QR codes again, you should consider ways it can enhance and expedite your connection to your audience.